Monday, September 22, 2008

Go out and SERVE SOMEONE!

Recently we have been learning a lot about what Jesus requires of us to follow Him. We will always rely on faith alone, by grace alone, in Christ alone but what next? Try to live a moral life that even people who don't follow Jesus can do? Survey says, "not quite." I have been pondering over the hard questions in my won Christian walk. Questions like what doe sit mean in Luke 14:33 when Jesus says, "In the same way (taken from the previous verses in context), any of you who does not give up everything he has cannot be my disciple." Ummmmmmm most of the time we try to skip over these parts of God's Word and say well surely Jesus is not asking these men to give up EVERYTHING and follow him. Is He? Would He not have said something different if that's what He meant? Sooooooo here's what I have surmised as I have been asking the Holy Spirit to lead me. I have been reading a book about C.T. Studd and have been very encouraged and challenged to do some things I have never done. Most of the time, I have been so enthrawled with the work of ministry that I have not done much ministering. So, I have made a weekly commitment to serve the Hispanic community each Sunday in ESL (English as a Second Language) and become the children's coordinator. I LOVE children and God has allowed me to be a part of some wonderful children's lives and while I don't want to de-value that, I know my time spent in Latin American countries can serve me well. God allowed me to go to those places and see what I have seen to bring Him glory. I feel the Spirit leading me in this way. Woo hoo! This will add 'one more thing' to my schedule but let's be honest. What would I spend that time on otherwise? Oh wait, myself. If my life is exausted by the love I have for Christ in serving the world for Him then so be it. I want to give myself wholeheartedly to this mission of making disciples of all nations and showing the Love of Christ. So hold me to it! Whew. I feel better now that I got that out!

No comments: